Wind Turbine Field Service Technician
OUR NEXT ROUND OF HIRING WILL BE IN 2021. GET STARTED BY JOINING THE WAIT LIST TODAY AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU AS SPOTS BECOME AVAILABLE.
Career climbers wanted. We are looking for those open to 80—100% inter-state travel (fully paid with company vehicle). We will train and position you for this new adventure. You will be responsible for up-tower troubleshooting, adjusting, repairing, and/or retrofitting low to medium voltage electrical, mechanical or hydraulic components and equipment associated with wind turbines and wind farms.
Per Diem, Company Profit Sharing, 401 K, Safe Harbor, Health and Dental, Paid Time-Off
• Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety equipment, to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
• Perform routine mechanical, hydraulic and electrical maintenance on wind turbines and associated equipment
• Understand electrical and mechanical functions of all components of a wind turbine generator and associated equipment
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults; repair and/or replace components
• Document all work performed using a computer
• Maintain company tooling, facilities and equipment and a clean safe work environment
• Follow safety procedures, observe safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment
• Work a 40+ hour work week and be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The work schedule will vary during the peak maintenance periods
• Complete special projects or various miscellaneous organizational duties as may be requested periodically
• Be responsive to situational and organizational change
• Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet).
• Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
• Ability to work safely and to properly use PPE;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Basic wind technician certificates (Tower rescue, CPR, First Aid, AED, OSHA 10, competent climber, confined space, working at heights, NFPA 70, LOTO)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in wind energy; (Wind turbine operation and/or maintenance. Any other experience deemed relevant for the position (electromechanical, industrial mechanics) will be considered)
• GWO Certified Training
• Mechanically inclined
• Four or more years of experience relevant to the position
• Experience in with Microsoft Dynamics Office products or other ERP and CRM systems
Non-exempt full-time position, base wage
Join the Waitlist