Physical Dimensional Calibration Technician
Responsible for calibrating, troubleshooting, and repairing test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to high-level accuracies following proper procedures and workflows for customer’s tools and rental fleet with a primary responsibility of physical dimensional tools and gauges.
• Perform calibrations and repairs for physical dimensional measuring devices.
• Perform calibrations and repairs for manual wrenches, hydraulic wrenches, pneumatic torque multipliers, manual torque multipliers, electric torque multipliers, electronic measuring devices, pressure gauges and other equipment for customer’s tools and rental fleet as required
• Troubleshoot and identify problems while following procedures
• Perform inventory management of parts, supplies and tools for laboratory
• Ensure tools and equipment are kept clean and in a safe working condition
• Document complete and concise calibration results and manage processes using the TorqueWare calibration management system and calibration label devise
• Follow procedures and work flows in the laboratory including use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety procedures
• Provide customer service, document recommendations made to customer and provide safety instruction
• Organize and clean calibration laboratory daily maintaining a safe work environment
• Assist with scheduling calibration equipment for annual maintenance and internal proficiency checks
• Documents service ticket for completed tool repair
• Assist with special projects and customer requests in laboratory
• Complete other duties as requested
• Professional and timely communication to supervisor
• Be responsive to change
• 3 to 5 Years of technical or mechanical work experience demonstrating skills for above responsibilities and strong customer service skills
• Calibration experience as follows:
• Military PMEL/TMDE/DOD training preferred.
• Experience in equipment calibration in any of the following:
• Physical Dimensional
• General Purpose
• RF Calibration
• Calibration training or experience in any of the following: PMEL, TMDE, DeVry/ITT, Electronics/Metrology degree, or High School graduate with appropriate on-the-job training required
• Demonstrated experience working autonomously, handling both physical and mental repetitive tasks, and exposure to detailed material for extended timeframes
• Valid State Driver’s license and clean driving record with ability to drive company vehicle
• Proficient computer and typing skills specifically in the use of Microsoft desktop software, i.e. Word, Power Point, Customer Data Base.
• Superior communication skills, positive attitude and professional in demeanor and appearance.
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• Must be able to work overtime on occasion as needed.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. without aid, ability to lift 20 lbs. repeatedly when working in the laboratory, shop or on-site at customer locations, ability to continuously stand 4 hours per day, and ability to read colored indicator lights
• Ability to work inside a climate-controlled laboratory and on occasion on the shop floor with varying temperatures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Three or more years of technical or mechanical work experience demonstrating skills for above responsibilities and strong customer service skills
• Experience in the calibration of force, pressure, dimensional and/or electronic calibration and in the repair of related tools
• Experience in Quality Programs such as ISO 17025, ISO 6789, NIST and/or ASME
• Certifications and/or Training in electronics, metrology, calibration or repair
• Military PMEL coursework and experience
• ASQ Certified Calibration Technician
Non-exempt position, base wage and overtime.