Human Resource Director
The Human Resource Director is responsible for setting the tone for a thriving culture at Alltite. The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resources (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
• Oversees and implements large-scale HR department initiatives reflecting Alltite’s core values, which foster and encourage a stunning culture.
• Creates and administers the administration of, human resources programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; workers compensation and training and development.
• Maintains current knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate needed changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements required policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resources compliance and strategy needs.
• Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, as well as recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices as required to maintain compliance.
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention and use qualitative and quantitative data to identify, evaluate and solve hiring challenges.
• Possesses a strategic understanding of the current job market and the ability to compile information about compensation and benefits packages based on current market data.
• Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management while managing the entire staffing process from recruiting through onboarding.
• Partners with department managers to compile a consistent list of technical hiring requirements, and makes recommendations in order to recruit and retain top positions.
• Works with Marketing to attract suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
• Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends, including review of key reports and metrics from the organization’s human resources information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
• Education/Certification Required - Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Current human resources and/or compensation credentials or certification, such as PHR, SPHR, CP, CCP, SCP, or similar, are highly preferred.
• Required Knowledge - Principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, labor relations and negotiations, and personnel information systems as well as knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
• Experience Required – Five to seven years of human resources management experience required, preferably in a manufacturing company/setting, use of HRIS in a small or medium-sized organization.
• Skills/Abilities - Demonstrated solid judgment and decision-making skills, experience and ability to work autonomously, ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with complicated or emotional topics. Proficient In Microsoft Office products with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• General Requirements – Must have reliable transportation and a valid state driver's license and successfully clear pre-employment motor vehicle record and background report screenings.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
• Talking – Ability to speak effectively and communicate clearly.
• Average Hearing – Able to hear average conversations.
• Repetitive Motion - The employee is regularly required to type continuously throughout the day on a computer while sitting stationary at a desk for four (4) hours.
• Finger Dexterity - The employee is regularly required to use hands to type.
• Average Vision - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Physical Strength - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• General office environment. Quiet surroundings. Adequate lighting.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
• Mathematics Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and common fractions.
• Language Ability - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to communicate clearly.
Exempt position with a base salary.