Responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of accounting systems and timely and accurate financial reporting. Also accountable for supervising and mentoring the accounting team and credit manager.
Financial/Budget Analysis and Planning:
• Maintains overall integrity of the accounting system in accordance with GAAP
• Ensures all balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled at month end
• Preparation of monthly commentary to EXCOM as well as financial outlooks and financial forecasts
• Interprets financial data and improves systems for financial accuracy and performance
• Coordinates the annual budgeting and planning process and populates the budget worksheet
• Ensures company is in compliance with state Sales and Use Tax
• Develops and maintains internal financial controls
• Review all physical inventory process and procedures
• Ad Hoc spreadsheets for evaluating business decisions
• Maintaining and keeping current company obligations to the 401k program
• Responsible for the annual property/casualty and employee insurance renewal
• Along with the CEO, responsible for quarterly fiduciary review of the 401k Plan
• Responsible for both short-term and long-term cash forecasts and communication of any issues or concerns to the CEO
• Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements
• Prepares year end financial statements and consolidated schedules for Annual Report
• Prepares standard reports, assists with accounting functions and financial analysis
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal tax reporting requirements.
• Keeping our banking and financial institutions current with monthly reports and important communications
• Responsible for reviewing and signing off on the monthly borrowing base certificate
• Manages, selects, trains, motivates, reviews, coaches, develops and retains a high performance team.
• Conducts timely and accurate employee performance evaluations; addresses performance issues as needed.
• Seeks process improvements and enhancements for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
• Assists with records management and retention.
• Implements, and maintains policies, procedures and intra-departmental communications; maintains internal relationships by encouraging and providing a timely, two-way flow of information between subordinates, management, and user groups.
• Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with team to receive updates and discuss projects, etc. Participating in ExCom activities and planning sessions and meetings
• Attends meetings as required and/or assigned
• Assists other departments with financial matters or calculation needs
• Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5+ Years relevant and proven work experience in a corporate environment in an Accounting Controller role with same level of responsibilities
• Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles
• Experienced knowledge of audit preparation and document retention requirements
• Strong experience with evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency
• Experience in writing and assessing Policies and Procedures for Accounting
• Intermediate user of MS Word, MS Outlook
• Advanced user of MS Excel (pivot tables, linking, charting)
• Strong attention to detail and high % of accuracy in work product
• Strong ethics and judgement skills
• Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of work product
• Comfortable and well able to roll up sleeves be hands on
• Ability to take initiative and collaborate with needed parties to get things resolved and accomplished
• Ability to effectively and consistently prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to be firm and professional; have strong follow-up ability with management, team members, clients, vendors
• Strong ability to assess a situation, gather the facts, collaborate with necessary parties if needed, and present the solutions
• Desires to constantly develop skills and able to research information to identify best solutions and options
• Able to motivate and support the team members when needed as well as help hold each other accountable
• Able to express their concerns as well as their ideas and opinions
• Uses professional verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus: Individual knows how to put their thoughts in writing, appropriate email etiquette, obtain confirmation of intended message for/from their audience; Individual has comfort and ability to express themselves verbally
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Exempt position reporting to the CEO.