Bolting Service Project Manager
The Bolting Service Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading a team of technicians in completing field service maintenance projects by a set deadline to support customer needs and future projects. The PM will be accountable for developing project plans, managing deployment and service execution, and coordinating the management of projects that have both significant business value and potential operational risk. You will work with an extended team to evaluate, schedule, and allocate field service teams and tooling resources. To be successful, you will need to be able to balance competing objectives in a complex business environment managing concurrent projects daily.
• Responsible for the management and direction of both strategic and tactical project planning requirements.
• Develop detailed project plans and deliverables which align with customer needs and field service execution requirements.
• Ensure control of project/work streams: dealing with conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies, and change.
• Manage changes to the overall project scope, schedule, and costs using the appropriate verification processes.
• Employ effective project and change management methodologies to assess and minimize any project risk, escalates issues and barriers as necessary to upper management.
• Balance the demands of concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy.
• Responsible for the direct management of each project upon hand-off from a Field Service Auditor.
• Oversee and support all pre-mobilization activity with assigned field service team lead.
• Direct and provide guidance and ongoing support to team members throughout all critical project phases including regular feedback and coaching, delegate specific objectives to team members
• Validate all scope requirements and ensure all tooling needs are supported.
• Verify all service work documentation, End of Day reporting, internal reports for monitoring and any customer facing reporting as required for all assigned projects and job-site audits.
• Answer and route bolting service-related customer complaints through appropriate channels as needed.
• Communicate all needs and requirements to your supervisor in a professional and timely manner.
• Follow safety procedures, observe safe working practices, and maintain a safe working environment
• Complete special projects or various miscellaneous organizational duties as may be requested periodically.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Be responsive to situational and organizational change
• Directly manage assigned field service technicians in the performance of their assigned duties and all administrative organizational requirements.
• Work closely with appropriate sales and operational teams to be ensure all best practices and protocols are being followed.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
• PMP designation is required.
• Willingness to assist teammates to achieve departmental goals
• Demonstrated strengths in team building and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates with confidence in work processes and goals
• Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with all levels of cross functional teams.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
• Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company and customers
• Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
• Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in a project management role.
• 2 Years wind industry experience & GWO Certified Training.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Four or more years of experience relevant to the position
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Experience in with Microsoft Dynamics Office products or other ERP and CRM systems
Exempt position reporting to the Bolting Services Manager.